Dress Code Reminders
As you are pulling out clothing that is brand new or has not been worn in awhile and choosing outfits, please remember that USCO has a dress code.
Parents, we request that you help the staff and teachers by being the first line of review as your students prepare to head out in the morning. The list below applies to all ages and grades.
Unacceptable attire includes:
- Leggings, yoga pants, and spandex (Even with a long shirt over the top)
- Bare shoulders. Exceptions are allowed for PE, sports, Adventure classes/trips, and summer activities ONLY (Sleeveless athletic shirts and tank tops are allowed. No camis at any time.).
- Pants that are ripped above fingertip length (with arms straight down by the side)
- Bare feet are not allowed on campus with the exception of the turf.
- Costume clothing (administration reserves the right to determine inappropriate costume-like clothing) .
- Undergarments must be covered up by clothes and remain unseen.
- Clothing that is baggy enough to reveal/risk exposure of undergarments or tight enough to be inappropriately revealing.
- Shorts at fingertip length (with arms straight down by the side) or shorter. During athletics, spandex, which must not be shorter than fingertip length, must be worn under shorts. Exceptions are allowed for sports teams, based on the coaches’ discretion and uniform requirements.
- Skirts with hemlines or slits that are higher than 3 inches above the knee in both the front and the back.
- Shirts depicting/suggesting illegal activity, sexual remarks, drugs or alcohol references
- Clothing that exposes undergarments, skin of the midriff or chest, or cleavage.
- Gothic accessories or attire (i.e. skulls, “spiked” bracelets/necklaces, netted/fingerless gloves).
- Distracting piercings, gauges, “bull rings” (non-piercing septum nose rings).